This simple & delicious stuffed mushroom recipe. You can serve these as an appetizer, side, or main dish. If you are serving it as a main dish, serve the stuffed mushrooms whole along with fresh salad greens or a side dish of choice.
These cheese stuffed mushrooms are simple to put together and easy to adapt to your favorite cheeses. You can use sharp cheddar, but mozzarella, cube cheese(amul) even cream cheeses re feta, will all work. A combination of cheeses is a great idea, too!
- 8-10 medium sized button mushrooms
- 4 tbsp butter
- regular cheese, cream cheese, cheddar cheese(optional)
- minced garlic
- discarded stems of mushroom (chopped)
- minced onions
- chopped parsley
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped capsicum
- black pepper, chilly flakes, oregano
- Gently pop off the stems of the mushrooms to create a cavity inside. Either discard the stems or save for later use. Then use a damp paper towel to brush off the dirt on the mushroom tops. It’s best not to rinse mushrooms or submerge them in water, because they absorb liquid quickly.
- Heat the pan add butter to it then add onion, garlic, tomatoes, capsicum, chopped mushroom stems, salt, saute them for 15 minutes at high flame.
- Then add cheese in it and let it melt in pan, add black pepper, oregano to it.
- Fill the mushroom cavities with lots of cheese stuffing, it's ok if filling pop up to top.
- Press the filling little bit and add lots of shredded cheese over it.
- Heat the pan add butter in it, put all stuffed mushrooms in it. cover it with lid and cook it for 15-20 minutes at low flame.
- serve it hot.
Snap a photo for Instagram, mix the layers together, and drink up!! (Don't forget to tag us @mixeurin)
Blog by Shrey Uttarwar (Follow him on Instagram - @ferb_2122)