Short interesting story behind Doughnut “Donut”
Doughnuts are deep-fried with long european history and roots are still in middle eastearn cuisine. They were introduced to America by Dutch in netherland to america as (oil cakes or fried cake).
In this modern century we have many new ways to prepare donut & many delicious varieties of donuts
So here are some basic donut recipe.
- ¼ cup lukewarm milk
- 3tbsp granulated sugar
- 1tsp yeast
- 2cup all purpose flour (maida)
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- Oil for frying
- Dark chocolate, nutella, caster sugar, oreo crumble, white chocolate (all for glaze and flavour)
- In a bowl take lukewarm milk and add sugar and yeast( active dry) in it and keep it aside for 15minutes.
- In another bowl add flour, salt, yeast & milk liquid in it and keep kneading it. Slowly add water in it.and keep kneading it for 10-15 minutes.
- Then add butter in the dough and knead it until it gets smooth.
- Then put it in a bowl, apply some oil, cover it and keep it in a warm place for proofing, at least 1 ½ hour. You will see a double rise in dough (don't over do it).
- Again kneed for 1-2 minutes. Now roll dough and keep ½ inch thick. Now cut it using donut cutter you can use other ways to cut it.
- Then keep the donut dough on a tray or butter-paper, apply some oil and let it rest for 10 minutes to raise.
- Heat the oil at medium flame & be careful while dropping donut in warm oil. Fry the donut till both sides get golden.
- For garnishing or glaze melt the white or dark chocolate and apply on one side or both sides of the donut by dipping it. Or you can apply you favorites topping.
- Serve it hot.
Snap a photo for Instagram, mix the layers together, and drink up!! (Don't forget to tag us @mixeurin)
Blog by Shrey Uttarwar (Follow him on Instagram - @ferb_2122)