Make super delicious & crispy gobhi manchurian at home with this simple recipe. gobhi means cauliflower and it's one of most popular recipe, it is tangy & slightly spicy in taste.
This delicious crisp fried appetizer is very popular in Indian continent. Gobhi manchurian is not an authentic Chinese dish nor manchau dish but a fusion of both Indian & chinese cuisine.
- Cauliflower 400 gm (florets)
- Refined flour (maida) 2 tbsp + ½
- Corn flour 3/4th cup
- Water as required
- Black pepper power 2tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Ginger 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Garlic 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Spring onions bulbs 1/4th cup (chopped)
- Capsicum 1/4th cup
- Green chilli 5-6 nos. (chopped)
- Fresh coriander leaves handful
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce 1 tbsp
- Ketchup 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- White pepper a pinch
- Water 100 ml
- Corn starch 2 tbsp + water 1 tbsp
- Spring onion greens 1 tbsp
- Set boiling water in a pan or a wok, add the cauliflower florets and salt a pinch, mix, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove it and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl add 2 tbsp refined flour, and coat the florets well.
- In a separate mixing bowl add ½ cup refined flour, corn flour, salt & pepper as per taste, mix well, add water and make a thick batter.
- Add the coated cauliflower florets and further coat it with the batter.
- Set oil in a wok on medium heat and fry them until golden brown, fry them in batches and do not overcrowd, remove it on absorbent paper towel.
- Increase the temperature of the oil by switching the gas to high heat, re fry the half-fried cauliflower for the second time until crisp and golden brown. Remove it on an absorbent paper towel and keep aside.
- Set the wok on medium high heat, add oil, ginger, garlic, spring onion bulbs and capsicum, sauté them on high flame for a minute.
- Add green chillies, fresh coriander, sugar, soy sauce, red chilli sauce, ketchup, salt and white pepper, sauté them on high flame for a minute.
- Add water and bring the sauce to a boil, add the corn starch and water mixture and cook until sauce thickens, add the fried cauliflower and sprig onion greens and toss them well and cook them for a minute, ensuring the sauce coats the cauliflower well.
- Your gobhi manchurian is ready to be served, garnish it with some freshly chopped spring onion greens and serve hot as a party appetizer.