Tahini is so easy to make at home. Instead of buying expensive tahini from the market make it at home.
Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds and is a staple in many cuisines, especially in the Mediterranean and the Middle East. It’s vegan, gluten-free, tastes nutty, and is simple to make.
It's just 3 ingredients recipe.
Arguably the most well-known way to use tahini is when making hummus. Can also use this in Falafel, chocolate chunk cookies, etc.
- Sesame seed
- Olive oil (can use other oil also)
- Roast the sesame seed, don't burn them as they are tiny in size so they burn easily. Do it in a dry saucepan at medium-low heat &
stir constantly with a spoon until the seeds darken ever so slightly in colour and become fragrant.
- Process them until it gets crumbly & lives its natural oil.
- Then add a pinch of salt and olive oil and again process it for 3-4 minutes till it gets smooth and creamy.
- you can store this for a month or more in the refrigerator.
Snap a photo for Instagram, mix the layers together, and drink up!! (Don't forget to tag us @mixeurin)
Blog by Shrey Uttarwar (Follow him on Instagram - @ferb_2122)