Paneer Hyderabadi is a delicious main course dish made with cottage cheese and palak (spinach). This Hyderabadi style paneer dish is aromatic, spicy and quite rich. This delicious dish has a pleasant green colour and a creamy thick curry.
It is quite high on green chilies too, but you can always adjust the quantity to your liking. The creamy texture is due to the use of yogurt and cream. The whole spices are roasted and then powdered before adding to the gravy. This takes the dish a notch high on flavor.
- 300 grams paneer sliced (cottage cheese)
- 2 tbsp dahi (yogurt)
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp dhania powder (coriander)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil & ghee
- ½ cup onions sliced
- 1 1/2 ginger garlic paste
- 2 to 3 green chillis chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup spinach (bolied)
- ½ cup coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 badi elaichi (black cardamom)
- 2 elaichi (green cardamoms)
- 4 lavang (cloves)
- 1-2 red chilly (optional)
- 1 inch piece dalchini (cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon jeera (cumin)
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat oil in a pan & add all dry ingredients black cardamom, green cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, red chilly. Roast them till it get brown.
- Add onions stir them till it get brown then add ginger garlic paste, green chilly keep it stirring till it get roasted.
- Now add tomatoes saute them till it get cooked, then add boiled spinach & chopped cilantro. saute them till it get shrink. turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Grind it to fine smooth paste.
- Add ghee & oil in same pan let it get hot, then add grinned paste and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder & salt mix them well and cover it for 5-6 minutes till gravy leaves oil on top.
- Now add yogurt & cream in it, saute it to mix.
- Add paneer cubes and fenugreek leaves and mix them well. Cover the pan for 5-6 minutes on low flame.
- Serve it hot with laccha paratha.
Snap a photo for Instagram, mix the layers together, and drink up!! (Don't forget to tag us @mixeurin)
Blog by Shrey Uttarwar (Follow him on Instagram - @ferb_2122)