Craving for Pizza in this lockdown period, Here’s a recipe for Neapolitan style pizza you can make at home, inspired by the best pizza in Naples Italy!!. Its so simple to make & so delicious with thin crust and cheesy slice.
Ingredients for pizza dough-
- 150ml water
- 125ml milk
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3gm instant dry yeast
- 3cups plain flour (maida)
- 2tsp salt
- add milk, water, oil to mixing bowl (can be knead with hand).
- add yeast & start mixing on low speed. Add flour while mixing on low.
- As soon as the dough comes together, turn off the mixer, cover with damp towel & rest for 20 minutes.
- After 20 min, start the mixer on low again & sprinkle salt do it exactly for 5 minutes (7min if kneading by hand).
- Now leave the dough in bowl as it is for exact 1 hr by covering damp towel.
- After that dived into 3-4 portions, roll into smooth balls & use right away or put on a tray, cling wrap & freeze immediately.
- (all ingredients should be at room temperature)
Ingredients for Italian Marinara Sauce-
- 5 red tomato/1 can chopped tomato
- 4 big minced garlic
- 2tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 medium sized chopped onion
- 2 chopped basil leaves
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Add oil in hot pan, then add garlic & onion and saute them till onion get red.
- Add tomato & saute it for 15 minutes then cover with lid for 5 minutes.
- Then add salt, black pepper, oregano, tomato sauce, sugar & basil leaves. And mix them well. and cover with lid for 5 min
- Turn off the flame & let it cool. Make fine paste of half tomato marinara and then mix it with remaining half and mix it well.
Ingredients for topping-
- sliced onion
- colored pepper (red, green, yellow)
- normal processed cheese
- basil leaves
Dust your countertop with flour and semolina mix. Flatten the dough out with you fingertips. Roll out the dough into large thin disc. Transfer into a silpat or baking tray with baking paper. Brush the dough with chili oil. spread the sauce all over. sprinkle cheese add toppings(veggies & olive) and again sprinkle it with lots of cheese.
Place your oven tray upside down on the lowest rack setting of your oven. preheat oven for 10 min at highest possible temperature(250).
Once the oven is hot, carefully place the pizza on tray. after 5 minutes, pizza will be cooked & you can slide out the silpat so crust can get crisp on the tray for 2 minutes.
Snap a photo for Instagram, mix the layers together, and drink up!! (Don't forget to tag us @mixeurin)
Blog by Shrey Uttarwar (Follow him on Instagram - @ferb_2122)