This is the most popular street food in India which is originally Tibetian recipe.
There are many varieties of momos you will find at the stalls. The varieties meaning, it has different kinds of stuffing like meat, vegetables, paneer, tofu, fried momos, etc. Today I am sharing the Veg Steamed Momos recipe.
It is so easy to make at home except the shape.Shaping them is not hard, but it is little time consuming and shaping them perfectly requires some practice.
- 1cup maida
- 1tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Finely chopped onions
- Chopped cabbage
- Chopped capsicum
- Chopped mushroom
- Chopped carrots
- Ginger garlic paste
- Soya sauce
- Chilly sauce
- Olive oil
- Take a bowl, add flour salt and oil in it, knead it well and keep adding water as needed to make a perfect dough. Cover and keep it aside for 30min.
- For stuffing, take a bowl and add all veggies in it, then add ginger garlic paste,oil,salt, herbs, soya & chilli sauce in it. And mix them well. (you can also saute them in a pan for 15-20min).
- Now roll the dough as thin as possible, cut it into a circle. Add the filling/ stuffing in the centre.
- Shape into desired shape, be careful & keep patience while giving shape.
- Take idli stand or momos stand. Add water in it, keep a tray in it, apply some oil on that and keep momos on that. Steam it for 15-20 minutes (you can make 25-30 medium sized momos).
- Serve it with mayo, schezwan sauce or your fav dip.
Snap a photo for Instagram, mix the layers together, and drink up!! (Don't forget to tag us @mixeurin)
Blog by Shrey Uttarwar (Follow him on Instagram - @ferb_2122)