Waking up late skipping breakfast, thinking of having brunch with your strong hot coffee, good idea. Try these quick and delicious Turkish Egg with toasted bread & greek yogurt. Must try recipe during quarantine period.
- 1/2 cup hung yogurt/greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 tsp dill leaves (chopped)
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
For pouched egg-
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp white vinegar
For chilly butter sauce-
- 1 1/2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp chilly flakes/paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Whisk the hung yogurt make it smooth then add chopped garlic, dill leaves, cumin powder, salt & mix it till all flavors gets combine. (if using greek yogurt simply add all ingredients and mix them).
- Add the yogurt in beautiful plate & make two small gap for eggs.
- Take vessel and add water and vinegar in it and heat it till it comes to boil. Carefully break the egg in one small bowl, & when water is boiled lower the heat, create the whirlpool/swirl in vessel and drop the egg in it.
- When it's cooked take out the pouched egg very gently with spoon, let the water drip and keep it between gap of yogurt. Do same with other egg.
- In hot pan add butter, let it melt then add chilly flakes, cumin powder, chilly powder & olive oil. mix them well, turn off the heat. And then add it on egg and yogurt.
- enjoy it with toasted bread.
Snap a photo for Instagram, mix the layers together, and drink up!! (Don't forget to tag us @mixeurin)
Blog by Shrey Uttarwar (Follow him on Instagram - @ferb_2122)