Banana Pancakes are egg less, simple and can be served at any time of the day. Very nutritious and the taste of ripe bananas, with cardamom & Jaggery is a winner.
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Banana (large) – 2 no
- Coconut grated – 1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
Ghee (clarified butter) – for frying
- Honey or Maple Syrup – as an accompaniment
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Candied & Dry Fruits – for garnish
- In a pan add the grand jaggery and water and heat it till all jaggery dissolves. Remove and let it cool completely.
- In a bowl peel and mash the bananas with a fork till pulpy. To this add rice flour, grated coconut, cardamom powder, sesame seeds, baking powder, and jaggery water.
- Whisk to make a thick pulpy batter. Heat a thick bottom pan or tawa and drizzle ghee. Pour a laddle full of batter on a hot pan.
- Spread it in the round shape of a pancake using a spoon. Cook for 3 minutes, drizzle with ghee and turn to cook on the other side.
- Remove and serve hot with candied fruits, nuts, and honey.