This is my favorite banana bread recipe,with buttery banana & incredibly soft texture. One that I’ve cherished for years. It’s the recipe that comes to mind first when I have leftover spotty bananas on the counter and the bread that’s on constant rotation in my freezer stash. This is the best ever banana bread recipe and if you haven’t tried it yet, now’s the time.
It's totally healthy recipe as we are using whole wheat, jaggery powder instead of maida & sugar. With cinnamon flavour.
It can be made without eggs also, so no worries!!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup jaggery powder (or brown sugar)
- 2 eggs ( 1 cup of greek yogurt/hung yogurt for veg)
- 5 riped bananas (4 mashed + 1 topping)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocochips
- In a bowl add whole wheat flour, baking soda & powder, cinnamon powder & ginger powder, mix them until everything is combined.
- In another bowl add softened butter & jaggery powder (or sugar) and whisk it together. Once it look fluffy add 2 eggs (yogurt for veg), and mix them in.
- Smash the banana and then add it to wet ingredients bowl and combine it. Then add milk & vanilla extract in it, and mix them well.
- Add wet and dry ingredients in one bowl and mix it together till it forms a nice batter.
- Add walnuts & chocochips in it and mix them.
- Transfer whole batter in loaf pan lined with butter paper or apply butter to pan.
- Preheat the oven for 10-15 minutes. Now bake the bread for 45-50 minutes at 180degree. Till its golden brown on top.
- Can have it with any chocolate spread or Coffee.
Snap a photo for Instagram, mix the layers together, and drink up!! (Don't forget to tag us @mixeurin)
Blog by Shrey Uttarwar (Follow him on Instagram - @ferb_2122)